Friday, September 24, 2021

Cinderella (2021)

Title: Cinderella
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 hour 52 minutes
Release Date: September 3, 2021
Genre(s): Fantasy, Romance, Musical
Production Co.: Columbia Pictures
Director: Kay Cannon
Starring: Camila Cabello, Billy Porter, Nicholas Galitzine


Who would I recommend this to?
Someone who wants a slightly different Cinderella story.

What is this about?
Don't we all know this story by now...

When would be a good time to watch this?
Whenever you feel in the mood for a pretty good musical.

Where does it take place?
Whenever Cinderella is set...

Why did I decide to watch this?
I can't resist a fairy tale adaptation, especially a musical.

How did I like this?
I liked the mix of popular music and original songs, and Cinderella had ambitions other than just being kind. She wants to sell dresses and the one the godmother makes for her was her own (ugly) design! I hate her voice though.

My favorite character was probably the stepmother. I liked the changes they made to her character. The stepsisters were kind of lackluster though, like much of the cast, actually. I was most disappointed in Princess Gwen. I liked the idea of her, but all of her scenes wound up feeling awkward and forced.

I don't think this one was as bad as it's made out to be, but it definitely has some issues. I still enjoyed it over all, but it's one and done kind of movie.

Have you seen Cinderella? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment