Monday, January 25, 2021

Soul (2020)

Title: Soul
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Release Date: December 25, 2020
Genre(s): Animation, Drama
Production Co.: Pixar Animation Studios, Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Pete Docter, Kemp Powers
Starring: Jamie Foxx, Tina Fey, Graham Norton


Who would I recommend this to?
Anyone who needs to find their spark.

What is this about?
Joe dies and is tasked with helping an unborn soul find their purpose.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Anytime really.

Where does it take place?
New York.

Why did I decide to watch this?
Because it's Pixar, duh.

How did I like this?
It reminded me a lot of Inside Out, which isn't one of my favorites, but both movies are really interesting and innovative. They go way deeper than the typical kid movie.

Having a spark does not equal a one-track-mind though. I get that they had to simplify a bit for the target audience, but I think they could have given Joe other interests outside of just Jazz.

Have you seen Soul? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment