Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Asia's Next Top Model Cycle 2 (2014)


Title: Asia's Next Top Model Cycle 2
Rating: NR
Run Time: 45 minutes
Release Date: January 8, 2014
Genre(s): Series, Reality
Starring: Nadya Hutagalung, Joey Mead, Todd Anthony Tyler


Who would I recommend this to?
Fans of Next Top Model.

What is this about?
Sixteen young women compete to be supermodels!

When would be a good time to watch this?
This second lockdown is good.

Where does it take place?
Malaysia.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I watched the first season and it was fine. I wanted to give it a second chance.

How did I like this?
Unlike the first cycle, this one actually had some diversity, which was nice. I'm sick of this Caucasian standard of beauty even in Asian countries.

I really liked their challenges though. They're useful and make sense, not the chaos of ANTM.

This one has the same problems as the first season. The judges just seem disinterested in what's happening and sound very scripted. Also, why were there six judges?! That is excessive. Three or four is fine. That way they can actually get some screen time and say something useful.

Have you seen Asia's Next Top Model? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment