Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Canada's Drag Race - Season 1 (2020)

Title: Canada's Drag Race - Season 1
Rating: TV-14
Run Time: 1 hour
Release Date: July 27, 2020
Genre(s): Reality, LGBTQ+, Series
Production Co.: Blue Ant Digital Studios
Starring: Brooke Lynn Hytes, Stacey McKenzie, Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman


Who would I recommend this to?
Drag Race fans.

What is this about?
Twelve queens compete to become Canada's first drag superstar!

When would be a good time to watch this?
When you need some wholesome entertainment.

Where does it take place?
The main stage, Canada.

Why did I decide to watch this?
Because it's Drag Race...in Canada!

How did I like this?
I adored it from the moment the first queen walked in. It's just so fun! Definitely different from the US edition, but still comforting and familiar. It's been a long time since I cried during DR, but this one hit me in the second episode! My all-time favorite runway theme was also from the second episode! Then I cried again during the first ever Drag Race pageant, but from laughing so hard. Holy crap!

It's weird to not see Mama Ru at the judges panel, but I like all three of the judges a lot. And I definitely appreciate that Brook Lynn Hytes isn't trying to BE RuPaul. She's being her sweet poised self. And I've always loved Stacy from ANTM, and feel like she was perfect here! Jeffrey is just adorable; that smile!

Team Priyanka!

Have you seen Canada's Drag Race? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment