Monday, August 16, 2021

The Hustle (2019)

Title: The Hustle
Rating: PG-13
Run Time: 1 hour 33 minutes
Release Date: May 10, 2019
Genre(s): Comedy
Production Co.: MGM
Director: Chris Addison
Starring: Anne Hathaway, Rebel Wilson, Alex Sharp


Who would I recommend this to?
I can't in good conscious actually recommend this movie, but if you're not sensitive to insensitive jokes about blindness, then go ahead.

What is this about?
Con-women going for the same target and hijinks ensue.

When would be a good time to watch this?
A quiet evening with some pizza.

Where does it take place?
France.

Why did I decide to watch this?
Because I like Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson. I knew nothing about this going in.

How did I like this?
I may be in the minority here, but after the disaster that was The Witches, I need Anne Hathaway to never do accents again. I know this movie came out first, but, please stop. Also, blindness is not a plot device. That whole spiel felt really tasteless. I wouldn't have watched this if I had known that was the whole con. Otherwise this could have been a really fun movie.

But where's the resolution? I am so confused. It just kind of ended with nothing?

Have you seen The Hustle? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment