Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Shrek (2001)

Title: Shrek
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Release Date: May 18, 2001
Genre(s): Animation, Fantasy, Comedy, Romance
Production Co.: Dreamworks Animation
Director: Andrew Adamson, Vicky Jenson
Starring: Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy, Cameron Diaz


Who would I recommend this to?
Everyone who watches movies.

What is this about?
An ogre rescues a princess in order to get his swamp back.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Anytime you need a smile.

Where does it take place?
The Kingdom of Far Far Away.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I actually did NOT want to see this when it first came out, but my friend's mom took us to the theater.

How did I like this?
I love this movie! I'm so glad I got dragged to see it! I've seen it a billion times since then and it's funny every single time. This is the movie that started the trend of circumventing the princess stereotype. I totally did not see the Fiona twist coming, and I loved it!

This is easily one of my favorite Eddie Murphy roles. He plays Donkey to perfection and this movie could not have been the same without him. In fact, all of the voices are spot on.

Have you seen Shrek? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment