Friday, August 13, 2021

Romeo + Juliet (1996)

Title: Romeo + Juliet
Rating: PG-13
Run Time: 2 hours
Release Date: November 1, 1996
Genre(s): Romance, Drama
Production Co.: Twentieth Century Fox
Director: Baz Luhrmann
Starring: Leonardo DiCaprio, Claire Danes, John Leguizamo


Who would I recommend this to?
I legit thing everyone needs to see this at least once.

What is this about?
Boy meets girl. Boy and girl fall in love. Boy and girl commit suicide.

When would be a good time to watch this?
While studying the play.

Where does it take place?
Verona Beach.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I actually saw this for the first time in 8th grade English. Seriously.

How did I like this?
I was super shocked that we watched this in class and that it was so good! I went on to be completely obsessed with it! And I honestly do believe this is a great way to teach kids Shakespeare. It doesn't have to be stuffy and boring. It can be fun! It's so unique to use the original language but adapt it to modern times. GENIUS!

Have you seen Romeo + Juliet? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment