Monday, May 27, 2024

RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 1 (2009)

Title: RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 1
Rating: TV-14
Run Time: 40 minutes
Release Date: February 2, 2009
Genre(s): Reality, Series, LGBTQ+
Production Co.: World of Wonder Productions
Starring: RuPaul, Santino Rice, Merle Ginsberg★


Who would I recommend this to?
No one honestly, this season is bad if it's your first in 2024.

What is this about?
Nine drag queens compete to become America's first next drag superstar!

When would be a good time to watch this?
Fifteen years ago, or for science.

Where does it take place?
The werkroom and main stage.

Why did I decide to watch this?
Originally, because I was like WHAT?!?! Now, because I felt like reliving the mania before watching the seasons I missed.

How did I like this?
 I remember being super excited and invested when this first aired, but watching it now? It's sooo different from the following seasons. You can really tell that they were just figuring things out as they went along, which is fine. It's definitely a product of its time. Still entertaining, but doesn't quite hold up today.

Have you seen RuPaul's Drag Race? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment