Monday, May 15, 2023

The King's Daughter (2022)

Title: The King's Daughter
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 hour 38 minutes
Release Date: January 21, 2022
Genre(s): Fantasy, Romance, Drama
Production Co.: Lightstream Pictures Australia
Director: Sean MacNamara
Starring:  Pierce Brosnan, Kaya Scodelario, William Hurt


Who would I recommend this to?
Whoever needs brain candy for 98 minutes.

What is this about?
King Louis XIV wants to use a mermaid to become immortal, but his estranged daughter befriends her.

When would be a good time to watch this?
When you have nothing better to do.

Where does it take place?
Versailles.

Why did I decide to watch this?
My mom told me to.

How did I like this?
It was fine. The second half was waaay better than the first. The beginning was framed super awkwardly. Like, Louis' actions toward Marie had a romantic edge to them which I don't think was intentional, but it was very weird. I mean, if this was suppose to be some taboo movie, then fine, but it's not. But after he confesses to being her father, things were more normal and kinda fun.

Have you seen The King's Daughter? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment