Monday, January 4, 2021

Mulan (2020)

Title: Mulan
Rating: PG-13
Run Time: 1 hour 55 minutes
Release Date: September 4, 2020
Genre(s): Drama, Action
Production Co.: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Niki Caro
Starring: Yifei Liu, Donnie Yen, Li Gong


Who would I recommend this to?
Um...anyone who isn't obsessed with the animated version.

What is this about?
A young woman disguises herself as a man to go to war in her father's place.

When would be a good time to watch this?
When you have two hours for an action movie.

Where does it take place?

Ancient China.

Why did I decide to watch this?
Because it's Disney. That's it.

How did I like this?
I had zero expectations going into this because of the mess surrounding its development, and then the not-so-great reviews after its release. I suggest you do the same, you'll enjoy it more. It's a fine movie. Solid story, and good action sequences. But it has no heart. It's just a straightforward war movie. The witch story-line felt forced just to have a foil for Mulan.

I did appreciate the few nods to the animated version, such as quoting my jam since there were no songs.

Have you seen Mulan? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment