Friday, January 29, 2021

Ma Rainey's Black Bottom (2020)

Title: Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
Rating: R
Run Time: 1 hour 36 minutes
Release Date: December 18, 2020
Genre(s): Biography, Drama, Musical
Production Co.: Netflix
Director: George C. Wolfe
Starring: Viola Davis, Chadwick Boseman, Glynn Turman


Who would I recommend this to?
Anyone interested in the blues or Black history.

What is this about?
The mother of blues!

When would be a good time to watch this?
Whenever you have an hour and a half for entertainment.

Where does it take place?
1927 Chicago.

Why did I decide to watch this?
It looked interesting after listening to some podcasts about Ma Rainey.

How did I like this?
This was more focused on Levee than I expected. I didn't know much about him, so at least I learned something new. I did want to watch this for Ma and really enjoyed her scenes. She was a feisty lady! But I did not see Levee's meltdown coming at all...holy crap.

I loved how this whole movie was one wild day. I'm a sucker for one day movies and books.

Have you seen Ma Rainey's Black Bottom? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment