Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Canada's Next Top Model Cycle 1 (2006)

Title: Canada's Next Top Model
Rating: NR
Run Time: 1 hour
Release Date: May 31, 2006
Genre(s): Reality, Series
Production Co.:  Temple Street Productions
Director: D'Arcy Butler, Grant Greschuk
Starring: Brandi Alexander, Ylenia Aurucci, Jeanne Beker


Who would I recommend this to?
Next Top Model fans.

What is this about?
Ten young women compete to be Canada's next top model.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Whenever you feel like having a Top Model marathon. It's a short one.

Where does it take place?
Canada.

Why did I decide to watch this?
Because I am obsessed with ANTM.

How did I like this?
I liked that the girls were diverse, especially after the boringness of Asia. I did not like how they showed them being measured and were talking about how some of them need to "work hard" on their bodies. And the focus on Natalie being "bigger" and wrapping her butt in Saran wrap?! I know this is old, and that would not air today, but still.

In fact, this whole cycle was pretty gross in the way they spoke about the models. Like when they said it doesn't matter if you're sick, just do the job. The girl wasn't complaining or anything, but it was just a point that they felt they needed to make.

The only bright spot of this one was Stacy. I've always liked her when she guest judged on ANTM.

Have you seen Canada's Next Top Model? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment