Friday, July 10, 2020

Hamilton (2020)

Title: Hamilton
Rating: PG-13
Run Time: 2 hours 40 minutes
Release Date: July 3, 2020
Genre(s): Biography, Drama
Production Co.: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Thomas Kail
Starring: Lin-Manuel Miranda, Phillipa Soo, Leslie Odom Jr.


Who would I recommend this to?
Musical enthusiasts.

What is this about?
Alexander Hamilton.

When would be a good time to watch this?
When you have nearly 3 hours to dedicate to something, but don't want to watch another Marvel trash.

Where does it take place?
New York.

Why did I decide to watch this?
Because everyone's been talking about and I wanted to know what the big deal was.

How did I like this?
It reminded me of Romeo + Juliet, and coming from me, that is a compliment, because I love that movie and how it merged the modern with the historical. However, it doesn't have the same rewatchability. The soundtrack is A+, but I couldn't tell you anything about the storyline which just seemed to be the events leading up to Alexander Hamilton's death?

Have you seen Hamilton? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment