Thursday, July 2, 2020

A Bug's Life (1998)

Title: A Bug's Life
Rating: G
Run Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Release Date: November 25, 1998
Genre(s): Animation
Production Co.: Pixar Animation Studios
Director: John Lasseter, Andrew Stanton
Starring: Kevin Spacey, Dave Foley, Julia Louis-Dreyfus


Who would I recommend this to?
Those who can appreciate the humor and adorableness of Pixar movies about animals.

What is this about?
An ant colony has angered a band of greedy grasshoppers, so Flick sets out to find help!

When would be a good time to watch this?
When you need a little pick-me-up.

Where does it take place?
Pixar world.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I actually cannot remember the first time I saw this. I know it came out at the same time as Antz, which I did see in theaters. I do know I've seen this before though. Maybe.

How did I like this?
This movie is cute and educational. It teaches about the circle of life, at least when it comes to insects. The jokes are also really on point, many for the adults. Also, how to stand up for what's right!

There's a classic miscommunication plot going on here, where the bugs think Flick was looking for entertainers rather than fighters. Oops. But everyone works together to overcome evil!

Have you seen a Bug's Life? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment