Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Aladdin (2019)

Title: Aladdin
Rating: PG
Run Time: 2 hours 8 minutes
Release Date: May 24, 2019
Genre(s): Fantasy, Adventure
Production Co.: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Guy Ritchie
Starring: Will Smith, Mena Massoud, Naomi Scott


Who would I recommend this to?
Aladdin fans, but not the purists. Disney fans in general.

What is this about?
A "street rat" named Aladdin who stumbles upon a genie, and Princess Jasmine who dreams of being a strong leader.

When would be a good time to watch this?
When you have two hours to be entertained.

Where does it take place?
Agrabah!

Why did I decide to watch this?
Because Aladdin is my fourth favorite Disney movie, and I basically watch all things Disney.

How did I like this?
I really enjoyed it! I love how they fleshed out all of the stuff glossed over in the animated version (but still didn't fix Aladdin's second wish). Jasmine is a strong woman without being the stereotypical kick-ass variety. Dahlia adds another feminine touch to the screen. I am still conflicted over finding the villain hotter than the romantic lead, but oh well. The only thing I'm disappointed in was Will Smith's "singing." I certainly didn't expect Robin Williams levels of epicness, but Will could have put some more OOMPH and pizazz into it.

Have you seen Aladdin? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

2 comments: