Saturday, April 20, 2019

Ready Player One (2018)

Title: Ready Player One
Rating: PG-13
Run Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Release Date: March 29, 2018
Genre(s): Sci-Fi
Production Co.: Amblin Entertainment
Director: Steven Speilberg
Starring: Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke, Ben Mendelsohn


Who would I recommend this to?
Everyone. Gamers. Pop culture enthusiasts. Bookworms.

What is this about?
Real life virtual reality...gaming competition...pop culture awesomeness...

When would be a good time to watch this?
Right now.

Where does it take place?
The Stacks. Columbus, OH. 2045. Mostly in virtual reality known as The Oasis!

Why did I decide to watch this?
I read the book several years ago and OMG LOVED IT!!!

How did I like this?
I have to say that the special effects are awesome. It's like one those of hyper-realistic videogames, which is exactly what I was expecting.

The specific plot points and details are different from the book, but the vibe is spot on! So I can forgive the liberties taken, which were likely done because of licensing and trademarks and all that legal nonsense.

Have you seen (or read) Ready Player One? What did you think?
If not, would you watch (or read) it?

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVED the book Ready Player One and I've never seen the movie - dreaded what they would have done. I can see that they may have had to change a lot of things because of licensing but I hope the movie is still a blast for anyone interested in the world of the 1980's (like the book). Visiting from A to Z Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never read or heard of the book but REALLY liked the movie. We saw it in the theater and recently watched it again on TV.

    DB McNicol, author
    A to Z Microfiction: Raspberry

    ReplyDelete