Monday, January 3, 2022

PEN15 - Season 1 (2019)

Title: PEN15 - Season 1
Rating: TA-MA
Run Time: 30 minutes
Release Date: February 8, 2019
Genre(s): Comedy, Series
Production Co.: Awesomeness TV
Starring: Maya Erskine, Anna Konkel, Melora Walters


Who would I recommend this to?
Anyone who was young in the early 2000s!

What is this about?
Best friends start seventh grade and it's not going quite how they anticipated.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Whenever you need a laugh and some nostalgia.

Where does it take place?
Franklin County, somewhere in America.

Why did I decide to watch this?
First, the title. Duh. Second, I started middle school in 2000 so I was curious.

How did I like this?
It's so weird and hilarious. The soundtrack is A+ because the late '90s and early '00s music was A+. I could remember these awkward times so well and it was so fun to cringe at seeing it reenacted.

I know people thing it's odd/distracting/inappropriate for the thirty-something actresses to be playing their 13 year old selves, but I thought it added to the humor. It's totally a non-issue.

Have you seen PEN15? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment