Monday, September 20, 2021

Josie and the Pussycats (2001)

Title: Josie and the Pussycats
Rating: PG-13
Run Time: 1 hour 38 minutes
Release Date: April 11, 2011
Genre(s): Comedy, Musical
Production Co.: Universal Pictures
Director: Harry Elfont, Deborah Kaplan
Starring: Rachel Leigh Cook, Rosario Dawson, Tara Reid


Who would I recommend this to?
Anyone who likes girl power movies and cheesy fun.

What is this about?
Best friend girl band makes it big, but learns about the dark side of fame.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Anytime you need fun and a great soundtrack.

Where does it take place?
Riverdale and New York.

Why did I decide to watch this?
Originally, because I was an 11 year old girl, so it was kinda marketed at me.

How did I like this?
Another movie (and soundtrack) that I was completely obsessed with as a tween. Sure, some of the jokes went over my head, but it was thoroughly entertaining. Some of those same jokes would probably not make it into a movie today but that's a common theme for '90s and early '00s movies.

But does it overall hold up 20 years later? YES! This movie is hilarious, the songs are great, and the message is as true...or even more true today! Subliminal messaging and blatant advertising is EVERYWHERE!

Have you seen Josie and the Pussycats? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment