Friday, July 3, 2020

Toy Story 2 (1999)

Title: Toy Story 2
Rating: G
Run Time: 1 hour 32 minutes
Release Date: November 24, 1999
Genre(s): Animation
Production Co.: Pixar Animation Studios
Director: John Lasseter, Ash Brannon
Starring: Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Joan Cusack


Who would I recommend this to?
The world.

What is this about?
Woody is kidnapped! Well, stolen from a yard sale by a collector, and learns that he's a very valuable toy. Buzz leads a rescue mission to get Woody back.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Just like the first one, I used to watch this every month to get a good cry.

Where does it take place?
Pixar world.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I use to watch this (or the first one) every month to get a good cry. I love this movie.

How did I like this?
Woody meets his match in Jessie and The Prospector. He bullied Buzz until he realized and accepted that he was just a toy. This time Jessi and The Prospector must convince Woody that he's much more than a toy. He's their ticket to freedom.

Jessie's story just makes me weep. You are a heartless being, Emily!!! But multiple Buzzes cracks me up, and a showdown with Zurg!

No matter how many times I've watched this, I always have to wonder...what if Woody's pull string hadn't detached from the plane?

Fun extra: Mrs. Potatohead's bloopers are my favorite.

Have you seen Toy Story 2? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment