Monday, June 21, 2021

Raya and the Last Dragon (2021)

Title: Raya and the Last Dragon
Rating: PG
Run Time: 1 hour 53 minutes
Release Date: March 5, 2021
Genre(s): Animation, Fantasy, Adventure
Production Co.: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Don Hall, Carlos López Estrada, Paul Briggs
Starring: Kelly Marie Tran, Awkwafina, Gemma Chan


Who would I recommend this to?
Fans of Moana and girl power in general.

What is this about?
A girl named Raya must find the last dragon to save humanity from itself.

When would be a good time to watch this?
Now. Or the next time you have a  two hour window.

Where does it take place?
Heart, Talon, Tail, Spine, and Fang.

Why did I decide to watch this?
Because it's Disney, duh.

How did I like this?
I do wish Disney would stop queer-baiting me, but I do like that Raya didn't have a love interest. Although you will not convince me that Namaari was not totally into her. My mom said I was reading too much into the supposed lesbian references, but they were RIGHT THERE! This movie is gay. There, I said it!

Other than that, I did really like it. It was fun and funny and colorful and made me cry (duh). It spoke to how awful humans are to each other and animals and the environment.

Have you seen Raya and the Last Dragon? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment