Wednesday, July 26, 2023

RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars - Season 6 (2021)

 

Title: RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars - Season 6
Rating: TV-14
Run Time: 1 hour
Release Date: June 24, 2021
Genre(s): Series, Reality, LGBTQ+
Production Co.: World of Wonder Productions
Starring: RuPaul, Michelle Visage, Ross Mathews


Who would I recommend this to?
Drag Race fans.

What is this about?
Past contestants compete to be added to the Drag Race Hall of Fame!

When would be a good time to watch this?
Anytime.

Where does it take place?
The workroom and main stage.

Why did I decide to watch this?
I never got a chance to watch my DVR of it!

How did I like this?

Obviously, I knew who won going into this, since it's been two years already and I'm obsessed with the series. I wasn't familiar with her at all, because I still haven't seen Seasons 2-4. Oops. In fact, this is probably my least favorite All Stars season, because I wasn't excited about any of the queens. I adored Season 1, even though I didn't know most of the queens, so that's not a problem. Just no one here made me care. I didn't dislike anyone. I was just...indifferent.

I'm also not a huge fan of the lipsync assassin twist. The assassins have no stake in this competition. Let the winner enjoy all of the perks of winning! Or do the true Lip Sync For You Legacy between the top two queens. And the Lipsync Smackdown? I don't see how winning a string of lipsyncs is equal to surviving the main challenge to the end. I like when an eliminated queen returns; I just don't care for this format. Not to mention, that Jiggly totally beat Silky in that second round, and Jan beat her as well. There's no way. But Silky totally won that Barbie Girl.

Have you seen RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars? What did you think?
If not, would you watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment